Early Career Framework
From September 2021, all early career teachers in England undergoing statutory induction will be entitled to 2 years of high-quality professional development support based on the Early Career Framework (ECF).
The early career framework sets out what early career teachers are entitled to learn about and learn how to do when they start their careers. It underpins a new entitlement for 2 years of professional development designed to help early career teachers develop their practice, knowledge and working habits
Schools have 3 approaches to choose from to enable the delivery of an ECF-based induction. Schools can choose:
- A Full Induction Programme (FIP)
A funded provider-led programme
- A Core Induction Programme (CIP)
To deliver their own training using DfE-accredited materials and resources
- To design and deliver their own ECF-based induction
Inspiration Teaching School Hub are delivering the full induction programme.
- The length of induction has been increased from 1 year to 2 years of high quality training
- ECTs receive in their first year of induction a 10% timetable reduction and they will also receive a 5% timetable reduction in the second year of induction.
- ECTs will have an allocated mentor who will have a key role in supporting the ECT during induction.
What you need to do
- Register on the DfE portal - find out more here
- Register with an Appropriate Body - find out more here
- Register with us for the Full Induction Programme here
Click here to sign up to our ECF programme, or to find out more information, please email Jodie Penn at email@example.com or alternatively call 01603 733443.